HEAD OF BOX OFFICE
THE GROVE THEATRE, DUNSTABLE
39 Hours per week
Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) is a registered charity and one of the UK’s leading leisure trusts. We currently work closely in partnership with local authorities in Hertfordshire Bedfordshire and Rutland to manage 22 leisure and cultural facilities across 12 towns.
A great opportunity has arisen, for the position of the Head of Box Office, to work within the Grove Theatre.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading the department to deliver excellent customer service, whilst beating targets set and driving income generation.
• Working on Box Office alongside the team.
• Responsible for group bookings development throughout the year and for Pantomime.
• Create rotas six week in advance and deliver training/mentoring for the Box Office Department. Carry out 1-1’s, PDR’s and team meetings.
• Work alongside the Sales & Marketing Department to increase the grove theatre database and revenue. Analyse data to identify trends and sales opportunities and implement new strategies.
• Build shows within the online ticketing system.
• Liaise with promoters over show queries and sales.
• Work with all departments to achieve the Grove Theatre Audience Development Plan.
What we are looking for:
• You should have a keen interest in the arts.
• The successful candidate will have experience within a reception or sales centre environment, as dealing with the public and cash handling is a key part of this role.
• You must also have excellent customer care and communication skills, both face-to-face and over the telephone and possess a high standard of presentation.
• You should be IT literate and have a flexible approach to work as a mix of daytime, evening and weekend work will be required.
SLL aims to be an employer of choice and offers many benefits including free Gym membership for yourself, discounted gym membership for a nominated friend / family member and/or discounted use of facilities across the SLL Leisure, Theatre and Golf Sites, discounts at major retailers and attractions, ongoing training and fantastic career opportunities