(AquaEd Swimming Lessons and dry side activities manager)
The Dunstable Centre
39 hours per week
SLL is a registered charity and one of the UK’s leading leisure trusts. We currently work closely in partnership with local authorities in Hertfordshire Bedfordshire and Rutland to manage 22 leisure and cultural facilities across 12 towns.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Management Team and co-ordinate the AquaEd swimming lessons scheme and dry side activities at the new Dunstable Centre. More than just a leisure centre, the new development will also include a library, and flexible community space for other public services such as Citizens Advice and adult day care
Responsibilities will include:
• The successful applicant will be expected to promote the wet and dry side teaching programmes and aquatic activity to a wide audience
• Develop, manage, review and monitor the implementation and administration of the AquaEd and dry side coaching programme.
• Co-ordinate staffing resources to meet operational requirements including teaching lessons where appropriate to avoid cancellations
• Be responsible for meeting Monthly Sales targets and maintaining low attrition rates
• Mentor and develop the centre’s team of dry side coaches and swimming teachers
• Assist in the communication, sales, marketing and promotion of AquaEd and dry sports opportunities
• Prepare reports and present them to the Corporate AquaEd Group on a monthly basis
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
What we are looking for:
• Applicants will possess an ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher Qualification, have exceptional organisational, planning and communication skills, and have a good understanding of IT systems.
SLL aims to be an employer of choice and offers many benefits including free Gym membership for yourself, discounted gym membership for a nominated friend / family member and/or discounted use of facilities across the SLL Leisure, Theatre and Golf Sites, discounts at major retailers and attractions, ongoing training and fantastic career opportunities.