FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
THE GROVE THEATRE, DUNSTABLE
39 Hours per week
Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) is a registered charity and one of the UK’s leading leisure trusts. We currently work closely in partnership with local authorities in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Rutland to manage 22 leisure and cultural facilities across 12 towns.
A great opportunity has arisen, for the position of the Front of House Manager, to work within the Grove Theatre.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the department to deliver excellent customer service, whilst beating targets set and driving income generation.
- Running Front of House alongside the team, duty managing performances whilst leading a team of DM’s.
- Create rotas six week in advance and deliver training/mentoring for the Front of House Department. Carry out 1-1’s, PDR’s and team meetings.
- Work alongside all departments to deliver first class customer service and quality products
- Be able to operate and create items on Theatre’s booking system.
- Be responsible for stock control, audits and ordering for all secondary FOH items.
- Liaise with promoters over show queries and sales.
- Work with all departments to achieve the Grove Theatre Audience Development Plan.
What we are looking for:
- You should have a keen interest in the arts.
- The successful candidate will have experience of Duty Managing in a Theatre setting.
- You must also have excellent customer care and communication skills, both face-to-face and over the telephone and possess a high standard of presentation.
- You should be IT literate and have a flexible approach to work as a mix of daytime, evening and weekend work will be required.
- For a full list of responsibilities, please refer to the FOHM Job Description.
SLL aims to be an employer of choice and offers many benefits including free Gym membership for yourself, discounted gym membership for a nominated friend / family member and/or discounted use of facilities across the SLL Leisure, Theatre and Golf Sites, discounts at major retailers and attractions, ongoing training and fantastic career opportunities