HEAD OF LEARNING
THE GROVE THEATRE, DUNSTABLE
35 Hours per week
Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) is a registered charity and one of the UK’s leading leisure trusts. We currently work closely in partnership with local authorities in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Rutland to manage 22 leisure and cultural facilities across 12 towns.
A great opportunity has arisen, for the position of the Head of Learning, to work within the Grove Theatre.
Responsibilities will include:
- To lead the strategic development of the department and work towards achieving National Portfolio Organisation Status, whilst overseeing the department’s projects and team, ensuring standards meet the Grove Theatre expectations.
- To lead on existing outreach engagement projects.
- Establish links and partnerships with Central Bedfordshire Schools.
- Establish links and partnerships with Practitioners within Central Bedfordshire.
- Create an exciting programme linking to the changing curriculum needs and ACE, which can be delivered on and off site. (Some delivery hours will be required.)
- Collaborate with local educational establishments to support their ArtsMark & Arts Awards journeys.
- Create and present progress and evaluation reports on projects, quarterly and yearly overviews to SLT & partners. Complete funding bids and applications to generate additional revenue for the department’s projects.
- Work to diversify the engagement demographic.
- Ensure the department operates on a cost-covering basis.
What we are looking for:
- You should have a keen interest in the arts and experience working with ACE on education based projects.
- Experience of creating and delivering a school based education programme.
- For a full list of responsibilities, please refer to the Head of Learning Job Description.
SLL aims to be an employer of choice and offers many benefits including free Gym membership for yourself, discounted gym membership for a nominated friend / family member and/or discounted use of facilities across the SLL Leisure, Theatre and Golf Sites, discounts at major retailers and attractions, ongoing training and fantastic career opportunities